AVID stands for Advancement Via Individual Determination.
It's an elective class CMS offers for 6th and 7th and 8th graders.
AVID prepares students in college ready skills.
AVID has been adopted by nearly 4,000 schools in 45 states and 15 countries
What are AVID student expectations?
- Maintain at least a "C" average in scholarship and citizenship
- Be prepared for every class
- Enroll in college preparatory classes
- Have a goal to enroll in a 4-year university
What are AVID parent expectations?
- Encourage their child to achieve academically
- Maintain regular contact with the campus AVID coordinator
- Become involved in the activities of the AVID program
What happens in the AVID class?
- Mondays and Wednesdays.... Tutorials
- Tuesdays and Thursdays...... AVID Curriculum
- Fridays............................... Team-Building Activities, Guest Speakers, Group Projects