Stacy Whisman - Counselor(817) 305-4880
Graduated from JM Hanks High School in El Paso Texas 1986
Graduated from University of Texas at El Paso in 1992 with Bachelor of Independent Studies
Graduated from University of North Texas in 1996 with Master of Education in Counseling
· 4th grade teacher for 1 year in El Paso
· 2nd – 3rd Math/Science teacher for 1 year in Boyd, Texas
· 4th grade teacher for 2 years in Azle, Texas
· Counselor for 1 year in Azle, Texas
· Counselor for 6 years at Timberline Elementary in GCISD
· Counselor at OC Taylor starting in 2003
I was born in Lawton, Oklahoma but grew up in El Paso. I have been living in the Dallas/Fort Worth area for 26 years. I have been married to Michael for 18 years and we have 2 daughters, Kati (12th grade at GHS) and Madison (9th grade at GHS). We live in Euless and have a cat named Lily Belle and a dog named Chloe.
What year did you come to OCT?
I moved from Timberline Elementary to OCT in 2003 when the previous counselor here retired.What is a favorite memory related to school?Helping my own mother in her classroom after school. I loved doing bulletin boards!What motivates you to do what you do as a counselor each and every day?There are a lot of struggles kids face in school and in life. I am glad that I can be a person kids trust enough to go to when they want help with any of those struggles. I love to teach guidance lessons to the whole school. I get the opportunity to get to know every student in every grade.
* Provide classroom guidance in each classroom at least one time per month
* Provide individual and group counseling to students
* Member of the Response to Intervention Team/At-Risk
* Member of Crisis Intervention Team* Red Ribbon Week Coordinator* Play It Safe Site Coordinator* Sponsor for TTT (Student Council)* 5th grade Transition to Middle School* Morning Show Coordinator