The mission of Grapevine-Colleyville ISD is to be THE BEST and through the district’s strategic plan, called LEAD 2021, we continue building on the foundation started in 2011-2012. LEAD stands for Leading Excellence – Action Driven. More than 300 stakeholders, including students, parents, community members and administrators were involved in the design of this plan.
LEAD 2021 is a bold plan, designed not to just change our district but to transform our district from the ground up so that we are able to better prepare students for the world that will await them in five, 10, 20 years and beyond. Through four core objectives, GCISD is transforming the culture of our district into an innovative environment where we inspire, encourage, and support students, staff and community.
While LEAD 2021 is a 10-year plan, progress can already be seen! A few highlights from the first year of implementation:
- Extensive student input has been solicited concerning the design and implementation of engaging, differentiated work
- Piloted goal setting in select second- through fifth-grade classrooms at O.C. Taylor and Colleyville Elementary Schools
- Classrooms have become less teacher driven and have allowed students to take further ownership of their education
- GCISD now has 125 digital classrooms
- Training for teachers in differentiation and formative assessment
- Streamlined processes for applying, screening and hiring qualified candidates
- Green movement in facilities with energy efficiency upgrades and environmentally conscious cleaning products and practices
- More focused instructional support through a coaching model
To read the most recent update to the GCISD Board of Trustees, click here.
There is still plenty of work to be done, and here are some highlights coming:
- Continue work on increasing rigor of curriculum
- Expand secondary career planning into the next phase of implementation
- Continue developing resources for personalized learning plans and expand program to more classrooms on more campuses
- Continue personalized learning plans, specifically expanding to more grade levels
- Develop Rachel’s Challenge programs at all middle and high schools
- Focus on enhancing communications with parents and community
Make sure to check back and see how GCISD continues to strive to be THE BEST!