I have a new updated google site. Please check it out at this link
Hello! I am very excited to be with you this year at GMS. Here are a few quick facts about me
* Graduated from Texas Tech with a BA in English and Psychology
* Certificate - Secondary English, ESL supplemental, Gifted and Talented Supplemental
* I worked in the Irving School District at Crockett Middle School for 4 years as ELA and Humanities teacher before my children were born
* I took a break for 13 years from education to work as CHO ("chief home maker officer" ) for the Monson family.
* I worked for a year as a substitute and an AVID tutor in GCISD.
* I have worked at GMS as 8th grade GT Discoveries teacher, 6th grade AVID and Literacy Achievement
* This is my second year in STEM
Books I could read over and over again:
The Hobbit - Tolkien
The Harry Potter Series - Rowling
Jane Erye - Bronte
Wonder - Palacio
Counting 7s - Sloan
Great books to check out:
Lincoln's Grave Robbers - Steven Sheinkein
Life Without Limits - Nick Vujivic
The Invention of Hugo Cabret
Inheritance Cycle ( Eragon series) - Christopher Paolini
Ender's Game ( and series )- Orson Scott Card
Ranger's Apprentice Series - John Flanagan
The Book Thief - Markus Zusak
Berlin Boxing Club - Robert Sharenow
Flora and Ulysses: The Illuminated Adventures - Katherine Applegate
Favorite Authors - (You can't go wrong with these!)
Gail Carson Levin
Movies I could watch over and over again:
The Princess Bride -- if you can quote it to me , you will make my day!
Any LOTR movie -- but The Hobbit (not so much)
My Family --Erik (husband of 20+ years), Victoria (15yrs -a 10th grader at Collegiate Academy), Matt (12yrs - a 7th grader in STEM) and Luke (9 yrs- a 4th grader at Cannon). Andy, our beloved dog, and 2 guinea pigs.