Welcome to the National Art Honors Society homepage!Please see Mr. Nisbet in room 707 for all questions.
Purpose of NAHS
- Inspire and recognize students who have shown outstanding ability in art and art history
- Foster excellence and a dedicated spirit to the pursuit of art and art history
- Further creative abilities and talents of the Society’s members, as well as the school’s entire art enrollment
- Aid members in working toward attaining their highest potential in an art area
- Raise awareness of the value of art and art history in school and in the community
Are you interested in being an officer for the 2017-2018 year? Learn more about the positions.NAHS Application: Applications are open to juniors AND seniors who meet the requirements.Fall 2017 applications are DUE until Friday, September 29th. Students must have successfully completed an AP or advanced art (not Art 1) and/or art history class with an average of at least a 90 cumulative average to be eligible for acceptance.
- To be eligible for the Grapevine Chapter of National Art Honor Society, the candidate must be a Junior or Senior, currently enrolled in an advanced visual arts or AP art history class. The candidate must have also previously completed 4 semesters of visual arts classes with a cumulative average of at least 90 and a conduct grade of S or E.
- Members may remain active during such time when there are no visual arts on their class schedules as long as they fulfill all of the other requirements each year.
- Attendance is required at all regularly scheduled meetings to maintain membership and privileges.
- All members must participate in at least 1 of our projects, activities, or fundraisers each year and successfully complete an NAHS point sheet by the end of the year.
- Annual dues of $10 (non-refundable) will be collected from each member.
- To graduate with NAHS honors and earn the right to wear a cord at graduation, a member must remain in good standing until the graduation date.
- Members must maintain a 95 average in all art classes.
- Members must maintain an 80 cumulative average in all other subjects.
- In the event of an infraction of the rules, a review by the sponsor will be conducted. This applies to all community laws as well as school and chapter rules.