Camille D. Matthews, LMSW
I am a Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) with a history of working with diverse populations in a variety of settings. I obtained a Bachelors degree in Social Work with a minor in Substance Abuse and Addictions from the University of North Texas in Denton, TX. I also hold a Masters degree in Social Work from Texas A&M University-Commerce in Commerce, TX.
I am so excited to be a part of the Wolf Pack and I look forward to serving the students, faculty, and the entire GCISD community! Feel free to contact me with any concerns about your student or if you are in need of support for your family.
As the Student Advocate, I will be working in several areas, including:
- Providing support for teachers and faculty to meet the educational, social, and emotional needs of students.
- Linking families with community resources and advocating for resources when needed.
- Working with families in temporary living situations/homelessness.
- Ensuring that students have access to local resources such as free/reduced lunch and school supplies.
- Providing interventions and counseling to students and families in crisis situations.
- Coordinating our mentoring program for students at risk of dropping out.
- Providing support to students and families regarding truancy and attendance barriers.
- Facilitating student support groups on topics such as anger management and coping skills.