GMS vs. Bullying Overview
1. We do not tolerate bully behavior at GMS!!!
· Name calling- even when disguised as teasing
· Isolation-Threats- Insults- Criticism- Insults- Humiliation
· Shoving, kicking, slapping, hitting, etc
2. At GMS, we believe the following is a MYTH·
"Sticks and Stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me!"
3. "If you’re not part of the bully solution then you are part of the bully problem."
So, students can:
· Not join in with a bully
· Remember bullies gain power with an audience
· Tell a trusted adult if you are bullied or if someone is bullied
· Get friends to join in with them in telling a bully, "this isn’t right"
· Support the bullied NOT the bully
· Remember it takes a lot more courage to stand up to a bully than to follow the bully!!!