· Be in your seat and ready to learn when the bell rings.
· Bring all needed supplies to class everyday (see below).
· Follow directions the first time given.
Be polite and positive
· Don’t do anything to interfere with the learning process.
· Speak in a normal tone of voice, and listen attentively.
· Show respect to teachers and students at all times.
· Turn in work on time, and always do your best!
Materials to bring to class EVERYDAY-
· Pencil and a grading pen (other than black, please)
· A HMS binder reminder or something to write down your assignments in
· You will have some kind of an assignment in class almost everyday (except for test days). “Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect.” - Vince Lombardi
· Please write your first
· ALWAYS use a pencil to complete assignments. Use a pen when grading.
· Work neatly. If I can’t read your work or answer, it’s wrong.
· DO NOT CHEAT. EVER.
· You are expected to be in your desk, when the tardy bell rings.
· If you are tardy, sign the Tardy Sheet on the table by the door.
· Consequences (per six weeks) are as follows:
> 1st Offense: Warning
> 2nd Offense: Teacher D-Hall
> 3rd+ Offense: Office Referral
· YOU are responsible for getting work you missed while not in class. Check the assignment sheet and anything handed out in class will be filed by date underneath the assignment sheet. For example, if you missed class on Tuesday the 19th, check the file labeled 19.
· Complete absent work promptly, including work due the day you were gone. Write “ABSENT” across the top of your paper and turn into your class period tray.
· Come in during Stampede if you need help with absent work.
· YOU are responsible for making up missed tests/quizzes during Stampede, or before or after school. Schedule a time with me if necessary.
· Absent work not turned in within a reasonable amount of time will be considered late. See below.
· You are required to complete
Day assignment is due
Full credit earned
Assignment is one day late
A 20 point deduction
Assignment is 2 or more days late
Grade of 0
Students with missing work as of Thursday of each week
Will be assigned to tutorial time or study hall during Stampede
· You are allowed no more than 3 late assignments per six weeks, and any after that result in an automatic zero.
· EVERY problem must be completed, or assignment will be returned and counted another day late.
40% Daily Grades
> includes homework, class work, folder checks
60% Major Grades
> includes tests, quizzes, projects
· Come to tutorials during Stampede. You are always welcome on my tutorial days!
· If you are unable to come during Stampede, talk with me about scheduling before or after school tutorials.