ReadingYour child reads at school every day with materials such as:
After reading a story with your child, please help secure comprehension by:
- Environmental print
- Personal name
- Wordless Picture Books
- Stories with words
- Predictable Patterned Text
Things that help:
- Retelling the story
- Talking about the beginning, middle and end of the story
- Where the story takes place
- The characters in the story
- Ability to recall specific details in the story
- It is also important for your child to read every day at home.
- Reading daily at home between 10 and 15 minutes will help strengthen and improve your child's reading ability and help establish a homework routine, too.
- Practice reading, spelling and writing the Kindergarten In-a-Snap Words!