ReadingYour child reads at school every day with materials such as:
After reading a story with your child, please help secure comprehension by:
- Environmental print
- Personal name
- Wordless Picture Books
- Snap Words
- Predictable Patterned Text
- Stories with Words
Is your child able to recall specific details about the beginning, middle and end of the story?
- Retelling the story
- Discussing the characters
- Identifying where the story took place
- Was there a problem in the story? If so, how was the problem solved?
Things that help:
Reading daily at home between 10 and 15 minutes will help strengthen
Read every day at home.
and improve your child's reading ability and help establish a homework routine, too.
- Practice reading, spelling and writing the Kindergarten In-a-Snap Words!