IF I NEED HELP WHEN I AM READING THIS IS HOW YOU CAN HELP ME:
1. Give me time to think, so I can be independent.
2. Remind me to check the picture and think about the story, so I can decide what might make sense.
3. Encourage me to go back and read again, so I can use the story language to predict what might be coming.
4. Help me think about the story, so I can use meaning
5. Ask me to start a tricky word with the first sounds that I see.
6. Help me search and find a part of the word that will help me.7. Help me look for a prefix, suffix, final stable syllable, then identify the base word.
8. Does the word have special characteristics that I might not know ...digraph, diphthong, vowel R, vowel consonant E