We will ensure all facilities are progressively equipped and designed to support the GCISD mission and strategic objectives. Statement of priority for facility design and/or renovation: Flexibility, mobility, aesthetics, ease of storage, durability, cost.
- Renovate and/or create multi-purpose areas to support administrative, academic and extra-curricular activities in GCISD.
- Optimize the utilization of space and equipment throughout the district to sustain a more flexible learning environment.
- Collaborate with architect to develop “new school look” design ideas for renovated facilities that promote an interactive, stimulating and engaging learning environment. Cross-reference 7.1, 7.2, 7.4, 7.8, strategy 2, 3 & 6
- Ensure facilities support increased use of existing and emerging technologies. Cross-reference strategy 2, strategy 3, and 6.4
- GCISD will adopt industry standard best practices for new construction, maintenance, and renovation of facilities so as to provide a learning environment that is resource efficient (i.e., water, energy, and material, etc.), healthy, comfortable, secure, safe, adaptable, and easy to operate and maintain.
- GCISD will adopt industry recognized best practices for upgrade and maintenance of landscaping and grounds so as to provide resource efficient (i.e., water, energy, and material, etc.), healthy, safe, and easy to maintain outdoor areas.
- GCISD will adopt industry recognized best practices for cleaning that result in hygienic, clean, and safe environments, make use of environmentally friendly cleaning methods, and reduce the consumption of natural resources.
- Establish a school of choice such as project-based, career, or magnet campus.
- GCISD will augment and financially support outdoor instructional areas.