Homebound ProgramGCISD provides homebound services to students who
are currently receiving special education services and
have a chronic or acute medical condition that prohibitsthem from attending school. The period of confinementmust be a number of cumulative or consecutive weeksas documented by a licensed physician.
- Parent notifies campus of student's condition
- ASC committee makes a preliminary determination for the need for homebound services
- Homebound Needs Assessment is completed by the treating physician
- ARD is scheduled to review physician's recommendation and to make a determination on the student's placement
- Once a student has been released by the physician, an ARD is held to dismiss the student from homebound and to return to school