The mission of Grapevine-Colleyville ISD is to be the BEST by Building Excellent Schools Together. Driven by a district-wide strategic plan, called LEAD 2021, we are working to transform the education experience in GCISD so that we are better preparing students for the world that awaits them now and in the future.
About LEAD 2021
LEAD stands for Leading Excellence – Action Driven. It is a bold plan that impacts every aspect of GCISD – from instruction and technology to facilities and operations – through four core objectives and seven specific strategies. LEAD 2021 is interwoven through all decision-making and planning at GCISD. Key components of the plan include:
- Personalized Learning Plans for students
- The transition from a teaching platform to an instructional learning platform
- Relevant and resourceful technology to expand student resources
- College and career readiness for all students
- Enhanced responsibility of citizenship in our local, state and global societies
Recent Highlights & Accomplishments
- Dove Elementary School is working toward becoming an IB candidate school. (Learn more!)
- In August 2016, the GCISD Collegiate Academy at Tarrant County College welcomed its newest freshman class, making the school now home to grades 9 - 11. At the Collegiate Academy, students have the opportunity to graduate in four years with a high school diploma as well as an associate degree. (Learn more!)
- The PSAT is now offered for all students in grades 8 - 11. (Learn more!)
- In August 2016, the 1:1 program--where every student has a device on which they may complete assignments--moved to the high schools, beginning with ninth-graders and then progressing to the other grade levels. In August 2017, GCISD will be 1:1 in kindergarten through twelfth-grade. (Learn more!)
A Community Effort
More than 300 stakeholders, including students, parents, community members, teachers and administrators, were involved in the design of this 10-year plan, which will guide the progress of GCISD through the year 2021. Implementation began in the 2011-2012 school year with a focus on establishing a strong foundation for the work to come.