GCISD Mathematics Vision
GCISD mathematics community believes that every student's future matters today. Therefore, we will foster students' ability to become problem solvers, critical thinkers, mathematical communicators, strategic decision makers, and relationship detectors.
GCISD Mathematics Mission
Our mission as the GCISD mathematics community is to utilize a learning platform to build students' capacity in 21st century mathematics knowledge and skills so that they will succeed in whatever path they choose.
Math students in the 21st century can:
"Teaching children what to think limits them to your ideas. Teaching them how to think makes their ideas unlimited." NCTM
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them
- Understand the relationships between problem scenarios and mathematical representations as well as how the symbols represent the strategy for solution
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others
- Move flexibly between real-world scenarios and mathematical representations
- Use appropriate tools strategically to aid their problem solving process
- Attend to precision
- Look closely to discern a pattern or a structure and evaluate efficient strategies for solutions
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning through discovery