Course for 2018-2019
Parent information meeting will be held on Tuesday, February 6, 2018, at 6:00 p.m. at Grapevine High School in the Learning Commons (Library).
Click here to download the presentation. (link will be active February 7)
Click here to download the registration form. (link will be active February 7)
Only registered students may take the placement test.
Placement Test Date : Tuesday, February 27, 2018
Grapevine High School, Lecture Hall,
either 6:50 am - 8:20 am
or 4:10 pm - 5:40 pm
Colleyville Heritage High School, A320,
4:10 pm - 5:40 pm
Students who take Pre-AP Geometry at CTMS will test on this date at CTMS during the school day.
Students who take Pre-AP Geometry at CTMS will test during 1st and 2nd period at CTMS.
Only registered students currently enrolled in Pre-AP Geometry are eligible to take the placement test.
Registration deadline is Friday, February 23, at noon. No exceptions.
Calculators are not allowed on the placement test.
Topics that will be covered on placement test:
- Special right triangles
- Evaluate an expression for a given value
- Add, subtract, multiply, divide rational expressions
- Know all exponent rules (not including rational exponents)
- Factor- all types except sum and difference of cubes
- Know the quadratic formula
- Logic and mathematical reasoning
- Solve inequalities
- Solve equations, including absolute value equations
- Graph linear systems
- Solve a system of equations
- Add, subtract, and multiply polynomials
- Know the definition of a function, domain and range
- Write equations of lines
- Know how to decide if two lines are parallel or perpendicular (or neither)
- Most topics are from Algebra 1 material since that is the review part of the Algebra 2 class that will be condensed. Topics only covered in Algebra 2 were not included on this test. Many questions are included to test the student’s ability to think logically and apply known math to new situations. The material from Geometry should be current with what the students are learning this year.
If you have further questions, please contact:
Jennifer Hylemon, Director of Mathematics