Welcome!Grapevine-Colleyville ISD: Special Education DepartmentGrapevine-Colleyville ISD is committed to providing quality services to students with disabilities. This commitment is based upon the belief that special education is a service and not a place. Each student identified with a disability and a demonstrated educational need for special education services is provided access to the general curriculum and opportunities to progress in the general curriculum.
A team of stakeholders, including parents,teachers, administrators, and other specialists, work together to develop an Individual Education Plan (IEP) to address each student’s educational needs,followed by consideration of the type and level of support each student needs to meet IEP goals.
Grapevine-Colleyville adheres to the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act and ensures that every student with disabilities is placed in the Least Restrictive Environment needed to allow success in achieving IEP goals.
House Bill 657 puts into law procedures that are currently in place under the Student Success Initiative for the state of Texas as follows:
- HB 657 applies to students receiving special education services.
- When a student is not successful on a state assessment an ARD meeting is required prior to the second test administration.
- The ARD committee will determine if the student has made sufficient progress in the measureable academic goals in the student's IEP.
- The ARD committee will consider the student's progress when determining if additional assessment is required.
- The ARD committee will determine the accelerated instruction necessary to address the student's needs.
ResourcesTexas Education Agency - Special EducationIndividuals with Disabilities Education Act of 2004Legal FrameworkTexas Transition and Employment Guide
District ContactsJoAnn Wiechmann, Ed.D.Executive Director of Special Education817-251-5531Ticia TerlouwCoordinator of Special Education817-251-5532Mary MarionCoordinator of Special Education817-251-5343Kimberly TuggleCoordinator of Special Education817-251-5736