Freshman Planning Calendar
Follow us on Twitter @GCISDGoCentersVisit the GoCenter page at: www.gcisd-k12.org/domain/3595General:It is never too early to start thinking about what you want to do after high school.Establish your own personal e-mail account if you do not have one already.Academics:
- Look at your personal learning plan...are you on track to take the classes that you want to take throughout high school?
- Make sure you are challenging yourself with your course selections, this looks good on your transcripts and also helps to prepare you for college testing.
Get Involved in your school community:
- Start researching careers you might be interested in, and identifying what education you will need after high school.
- Research college profiles and what they look for in high school graduates.
- Attend the GCISD College Fair every year.
Pre-College Summer Programs:
- Start writing down your extracurricular activities and volunteer activities, include the following information:
- name of group or organization
- a description of your activities
- how many hours a week/month/year you are involved
- dates when you were active in the organization
- any offices you have held
- any awards you have received
- Consider Pre-College Summer Programs in the field or at the University you wish to attend, for more information about Pre-College Summer Programs, visit our page or speak to the University you wish to attend. Go Center List of Pre-College Summer Programs: http://www.gcisd-k12.org/Page/37603