Students will be given differentiated word sorts and will be assessed by the teacher once every two weeks. The students' spelling schedule is as follows:
- On Mondays, students will create personal spelling cards using differentiated words provided by the teacher. Teachers will demonstrate how students sort their words based on the "rule". Students will also be given 3 differentiated sight words to practice sorting for the remainder of the week.
- Students will choose from several different strategies to practice their sight words and spelling words throughout week two. On Friday, students will be assessed using sentence dictation.
Students will take a picture of their words in order to practice them at home. Below are a few examples of engaging activities to help your child practice at home!
* Writing words with Playdough
* Painting words
*Spelling City App
*Magnetic ABC App
* Writing Wizard App
* Using Dot paint pens to spell the words
* Write letters on legos and allow child to build their words
* Write a funny story using spelling AND sight words.