MUSIC SUBSTITUTE PLANSTeacher InfoPatrick R. Lollis214-600-9052 (cell/text)Emergency InfoMain Office x5680 or 817-251-5680You are in room E-12 (Music)Emergency bag and instructions are on hooks next to the door.Specials TeamDeborah Mattox (Art, Room D-3) x3410Kensley Sutherlin (PE, Gym) x3453Schedule7:35-8:20 Conference (M/Tu/W/Th) or Assembly (F)8:20-9:10 4th Grade9:10-10:00 5th Grade10:00-10:50 3rd Grade10:55-11:45 2nd Grade11:45-12:25 Lunch12:25-1:15 Kindergarten1:20-2:10 1st Grade2:10-2:55 PLC (Tu/W/Th) or Conference (M/F)2:55-3:15 Bus DutyTechnology Setup
- PLEASE DO NOT ADJUST ANYTHING ON THE MIXER OR AMPLIFIER. USE THE VOLUME CONTROLS ON THE LAPTOP. :-)
- Connect the Black USB and power to the left side of the laptop.
- Connect the grey USB and the video adaptor to the right side of the laptop.
- Power on the Mixer: Peavey PV-10 (power switch is on the back of the unit on the right side)
- Power on the Amp: Peavey PV-900 (power switch is on the front right)
- Power on the Projector: remote is near the phone
- If you don't see the computer on the projector screen after the warm up completes:
- Check the connection between the blue cable and the white adaptor
- Unplug the white adaptor, count to 5, and plug it back in
- If you don't hear sound through the sound system:
- Click the apple in the top left hand corner of the screen.
- Select System Preferences > Sound > Output > USB Audio Codec.
Open ClassDojo in a new tab. (Text if you need to log in...you shouldn't)
Thanks so much for taking my place with the children today.You are very important, and I appreciate the extra effort it takes to work in the music room. -Patrick
- When the children come in, they will put their technology on the front cabinets by riser color and row, and sit in their assigned seats.
- Click on the appropriate class in ClassDojo, and click "Attendance" at the bottom.
- Click any students who are absent and save.
- Please feel free to give the children green and red points using ClassDojo today. 3-5 green points is great, and I've found that giving at least one student a green point early in the class period (the whole clas if you have a good reason to) sets a great tone.
- To give a point, click "Whole Class" or the appropriate student.
- For green points, just click the descriptor that applies.
- For red points click "Needs Work" at the top, and choose an appropriate descriptor.
- Click through the lessons below and enjoy your day with the kids!
2:10-2:50 Kindergarten Yellow CubsSame as above
- Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You?
- Show this video. or read Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You? aloud to the children.
- Write names next to each character on the board. Students can work alone or in pairs.
- Have students choose an instrument to match their sound.
- Practice each sound, with time for a short discussion after each. "Does this sound match the sound Mr. Brown is making?"
- Show the video again with the instrument sound effects.
- If possible, please take some pictures and/or videos of the kids with their instruments. You can text them to me at 214.600.9052 or email them to email@example.com.
- Here is the list of characters/sounds:
- Cow “moo”
- Bee “buzz”
- Cork “pop”
- Horse Feet “clop”
- Squeaky Shoe “eek”
- Rooster “Cock-a-doodle-doo”
- Owl “hoo”
- Rain “Dibble Dibble Dop dop”
- Train “choo choo”
- Butterfly “whisper”
- Horn “blurb”
- Cat “slurp”
- Clock “tick-tock”
- Hand “knock”
- Egg “Sizzle”
- Hippo Chewing Gum “grum grum”
- Goldfish Kiss “pip”
- Thunder “boom”
- Lightening “splat"
- With time remaining, students may choose between:
- Reading one of the Feierabend folk song books from my library (near the door, red tubs).
- Working on Google Quizzes on their iPads - go to red spots around the room.
- If you have a favorite game you'd rather play with the kids, that's fine, depending on how much time is left. :-)
Be sure to stop a little before 2:50 and take the kids out into the hall to line up for dismissal. Ms. Mattox (art) will show you where everyone lines up. :-)