The GCISD Go Centers are located at Grapevine High School in the Technology Education and Career Center and at Colleyville Heritage High School.
Definition and Services
The Go Center is a College and Career Service for students in GCISD with the goal of making a school-wide college going culture. College looks different for everyone, and we are dedicated to helping students prepare for and obtain the post-secondary education that is appropriate for them and their future careers.
Through the Go Center, students will have access to individual assistance or self-guided tools that include: career and aptitude tests, test information (ACT, SAT, ASVAB, and etc.). FAFSA assistance, financial aid resources, and college admission literature/applications.
How does it work?
- Students can come to the Go Center on their own to explore college and careers with our computer and print resources, or they can make an appointment with the staff assistant for individual services.
- Individual services:
- First the students will be given a basic information session which includes information about college and the application process as well as a needs assessment.
- Based on the needs assessment an individual plan will be constructed to focus on specific areas that the student needs more information or guidance.
- Students will have the opportunity to identify careers and interests through the use of Career Cruising.
- Students may receive guidance or information about the FAFSA process, scholarship resources, and testing.
- Students will identify deadlines and calendars for applying to their schools of choice.