LEAD 2021 Strategies and Specific Results#
I. Personnel Strategy: We will purposefully hire, continually train, and hold accountable all GCISD staff to ensure the fulfillment of the GCISD mission and strategic objectives.
- GCISD policies, practices and documents used in the recruiting and hiring processes will align with the district’s mission, vision, beliefs, strategies and strategic objectives.
- GCISD policies and practices used in compensation of employees will align with the district’s mission, vision, beliefs, strategies and strategic objectives.
- GCISD policies and practices used in the retention of employees will align with the district’s mission, vision, beliefs, strategies and strategic objectives.
- GCISD will use a consistent, reflective employee evaluation process aligned to the district’s mission, vision, beliefs, strategies and strategic objectives.
- The practices of effective Professional Learning Communities are systemic in GCISD.
- Staff will develop, reflect, and revise an individualized professional learning plan that is uniform throughout the district. Cross-reference 3.3
- GCISD will create and provide systematic professional development to ensure the highest success for student learning in each content area. Cross-reference 3.3
- GCISD will purposefully educate staff, students, and community members in developing and maintaining a school climate that promotes tolerance, respect, safety, and self worth.
II. Learning Plan Strategy:#We will facilitate a process that carries out the development, implementation, and realization of a personal learning plan which includes goals in the areas of academics, campus activities, and workforce/community involvement for every student to accomplish the GCISD mission and strategic objectives.
- Each student will explore his/her individual strengths and opportunities for academic, necessary for success in all phases of life. GCISD believes success occurs when students are involved in the goal setting process, engaged in reflective conversations, gather evidence of progress toward goals, and exposed to and engaged in campus, community, and workforce activities. (This same result will be utilized for action steps created for three separate levels – PK-5, 6-8, and 9-16.) social, and emotional growth through the development of a plan that builds the skills.
III. Curriculum Strategy:#We will transform from a teaching platform to a learning platform by designing engaging, differentiated, work for students toward the accomplishment of the GCISD mission and strategic objectives.
- The roles of specific stakeholders (i.e., students, parents, teachers, staff, administrators and community members) are redefined to function as members of a learning organization.
- Engaging and differentiated instruction and work will reflect the new paradigm of a learning platform. Cross-reference 7.8
- Professional development opportunities for administrators, teachers, and staff will be systemic and systematic.Cross-reference 1.6, 1.7
- All instructional leaders will be involved in a PLC group that meets regularly to plan for student engagement/differentiation and be accountable for the PLC’s learning and planning.Cross-reference 1.5
- Teachers and students will be provided the tools necessary as identified by best practices to achieve the strategy.
- Structures for teachers and students will be aligned with the principles of a learning organization and focused on the design of engaging, differentiated work for students toward the accomplishment of the GCISD mission and objectives.Cross-reference 7.3, 1.1
- In maintaining high expectations for all students, GCISD will create structures at ALL levels that maximize the potential of all students through rigorous curriculum and instruction.
- Appropriate assessments will drive instruction.
- Curriculum, instruction, and student performance will reflect college and career readiness standards.
IV. Communication Strategy: #We will create a plan that customizes communication methods and messages for students, parents, teachers, administration, and community to communicate and support the GCISD mission and strategic objectives.
- The district will engage the community by encouraging employees and students to be ambassadors to community groups.
- Communication with students will utilize current technology and allow for customization.Cross-reference 6.4
- GCISD employees will receive training in communication and will use this knowledge to build relationships.Cross-reference 6.1
- Communication in GCISD will be tailored to meet the needs of underrepresented populations.Cross-reference 6.4
- GCISD will inform parents and students of the academic standards, expectations,and progress of each student as appropriate throughout the school year.Cross-reference 3.8, 6.1,6.3
- Communication capabilities/technologies will be clearly defined, incorporated and refreshed as part of the professional development process for all GCISD employees.Cross-reference strategy 6
- Communicate all district sponsored student activities to stakeholders utilizing effective communication methods and modern technologies on a timely basis.
V. Finance Strategy: #We will practice thoughtful management of district resources and expand opportunities by establishing partnerships with our business community, non-profit, and civic organizations to secure scholarships, grants, endowments, and internships that support the GCISD mission and strategic objectives.
The Finance Strategy is being addressed by a separate committee (SEAT) working on a slightly different timeline. However, the SEAT committee is making decisions guided by the strategic intent of the mission and objectives created by the GCISD strategic plan team.
VI. Technology Strategy: #We will integrate technology, including student mobile wireless computing devices, into every aspect of the student academic experience to accomplish the GCISD mission and strategic objectives.
- GCISD will structure student-driven learning that integrates technology to provide students with competencies to be successful in a global society.
- GCISD will invest in staff by providing on demand professional development to enable teachers to facilitate student use of the latest technology.
- GCISD will provide a network service for digitally created student portfolios that will follow the student throughout their schooling GCISD and beyond.Cross-reference strategy 2
- GCISD will provide and allow for multiple avenues for students to choose learning opportunities, communicate globally and ensure every student can access digital learning 24/7.
- GCISD staff will design learning experiences which seamlessly integrate technology into the curriculum.
- GCISD will provide technology support via Student Technology Assistants to facilitate maintenance and upkeep on district technology as a supplement to technology services.
VII. Facilities Strategy:#We will ensure all facilities are progressively equipped and designed to support the GCISD mission and strategic objectives. Statement of priority for facility design and/or renovation: Flexibility, mobility, aesthetics, ease of storage, durability, cost.
- Renovate and/or create multi-purpose areas to support administrative, academic and extra-curricular activities in GCISD.
- Optimize the utilization of space and equipment throughout the district to sustain a more flexible learning environment.
- Collaborate with architect to develop “new school look” design ideas for renovated facilities that promote an interactive, stimulating and engaging learning environment. Cross-reference 7.1, 7.2, 7.4, 7.8, strategy 2, 3 & 6
- Ensure facilities support increased use of existing and emerging technologies. Cross-reference strategy 2, strategy 3, and 6.4
- GCISD will adopt industry standard best practices for new construction, maintenance, and renovation of facilities so as to provide a learning environment that is resource efficient (i.e., water, energy, and material, etc.), healthy, comfortable, secure, safe, adaptable, and easy to operate and maintain.
- GCISD will adopt industry recognized best practices for upgrade and maintenance of landscaping and grounds so as to provide resource efficient (i.e., water, energy, and material, etc.), healthy, safe, and easy to maintain outdoor areas.
- GCISD will adopt industry recognized best practices for cleaning that result in hygienic, clean, and safe environments, make use of environmentally friendly cleaning methods, and reduce the consumption of natural resources.
- Establish a school of choice such as project-based, career, or magnet campus.
- GCISD will augment and financially support outdoor instructional areas.