Celebrate your child’s birthdayby donating aBirthday Book!By donating a Birthday Book, your child will:
- Be able to choose a book to add to the HES collection.
- Have his or her name and birthday placed inside cover of the book.
- Be honored on the KHES morning show.
- Be the first one to borrow the new book.
You can also be sure that many HES students will enjoy your donated book for years to come.How to participate:
- Select a book from our ‘Wish List’
- Purchase a hard cover copy of the book at Barnes & Noble or any other bookstore; the books below are linked to Amazon if you wish to get the book online
- Send the book with the following information:
If you are able to send the book a few days in advance of your child’s birthday, I will have it processed and ready to check out on your child’s birthday! If you are unable to send it in advance, we will still honor your child on KHES the morning of his/her birthday, and I will get the book ready to check out as soon as possible.
HES Birthday Book Wish List
- Pete the Cat and the Cool Cat Boogie by James Dean
- Pete the Cat and the Tip-Top Tree House by James Dean
- Pete the Cat and the Treasure Map by James Dean
- The Red Hen by Rebecca Emberley
- Elephant and Piggie Like Reading! The Good For Nothing Button by Mo Williams and Charise Mericle Harper
- A Grayhound, a Groundhog by Emily Jenkins
- Share, Big Bear, Share! by Maureen Wright
- Rulers of the Playground by Joseph Kuefler
- The Legend of Rock Paper Scissors by Drew Daywalt
- Charlie & Mouse by Laurel Snyder
- Girls Who Code - The Friendship Code by Stacia Deutsch
- Girls Who Code - Team BFF: Race to the Finish by Stacia Deutsch
- The Imaginary by A. F. Harrold
- Judy Moody: Mood Martian by Peter H. Reynolds
- Frank Einstein and the Brain Turbo by Jon Scieszka
- Origami Yoda: Princess Label Maker to the Rescue by Tom Angleberger
- The Creature from My Closet: The Lord of the Hat by Obert Skye
- Geronimo Stilton: Back in Time: The Second Journey ThroughTime
- Dork Diaries: Tales from a Not-So-Happy Heartbreaker by Rachel Renee Russell
- Stick Dog Dreams of Ice Cream by Tom Watson
- Stick Dog Wants a Hotdog by Tom Watson
- Lego Awesome Ideas: What Will You Build? by Daniel Lipkowitz
- National Geographic Kids Almanac 2019
- Girls Who Code: Learn to Code and Change the World by Reshma Saujani
- What Makes a Monster: Discovering the World's Scariest Creatures by Jess Keating