Each campus is equipped with a health clinic. The health clinic is designed to treat minor injuries and to act as a temporary “waiting area” for students who have become ill during the school day. Should a student become ill, persons designated on the GCISD Health and Emergency information form will be contacted to pick up the student. All telephone numbers must be recorded on the GCISD Health and Emergency information card and updated immediately if changes occur during the school year.
Students must stay home from school due to illness if any of the following are present:
- Fever of 100 degrees or higher in the past 24 hours
- Unknown rash
- Vomiting and/or diarrhea in the past 24 hours
- Itchy, red eyes with discharge
- Ringworm of the scalp (until treatment has been started)
- Live louse/nits
- Wound with uncontainable oozing/drainage
You may also view the Parent-student Handbook for other health related topics.