GES Attendance Policies
Thank you so much for helping our Grapevine Elementary Stars get to class on time! Please read over the following reminders and guidelines regarding student attendance.
Students are marked tardy if they are not in their classroom at 7:40am.
Students who accumulate 5 or more tardies for a nine week grading period will be assigned the following:
- 5 tardies = serve one lunch detention
- 10 or more tardies = serve two lunch detentions
In order for time away from school to be considered excused, all parent and doctor notes must be received within 7 days of the absence. Absences will only be considered excused in the case of illness, documented healthcare appointments, religious holidays and family funerals.
- Parents are asked to send an email to the school each day a student is absent. Please be sure to include the student's full name, all of the dates the student was absent, and reason for the absence in the message. Please send this information to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference the student's name in the subject line.
- When your child has a doctor or dental appointment, please get a note from the doctor to excuse the time away from school. If your child arrives after 10:00am, or leaves school before 10:00am, because of an appointment, a doctor's note must be received or the student will be considered absent for the day.
- District generated attendance letters will be mailed out on a regular basis. These letters are required by state law in order to make parents aware of unexcused absences and tardies on the student's attendance record.
If you have questions, please contact the school office at (817 )251-5735. For additional information regarding GCISD attendance policies, please review the Student/Parent Handbook here.