8th Grade ELA
Phone: 817-251-5660 Ext. 3359
Grapevine Middle School Expectations:
Be prompt Be prepared
Be responsible Be respectful
Spiral notebook, pencils, pens, high lighters,notebook paper, challenge book, ear buds
1. 45 minutes of Membean per week.
2. A minimum of 20 minutes of nightly reading from their GCISD challenge book.
3. Other homework assigned as needed.
1. The student is responsible for collecting their make-up work.
2. As per school poicy, the student will have 2 class days per absence to complete the work.
3. Follow your classroom procedures for obtaining and turning in absent work.
GMS Discipline Procedures:
Students will be dealt with individually concerning school infractions. Some infractions, such as fighting, harassment, truancy, etc. will be given an immediate referral to the office. We enter infractions in Eduphoria using our 5 phase system.
Late Work Policy:
10 points will be taken off for each day that an assignment is late, up to 50 points.
40% Tests and Major Projects
30% Quizzes and Writing Responses
20% Daily Work
Our curriculum will consist of the Springboard book, reading and writing workshops, Membean, and the GCISD Book Challenge.