Starting to teacher your student about healthy habits at a young age is very important. With age, bad habits become more difficult to break. Teaching healthy habits at a younger age improves the likelihood of a successful, healthy lifestyle that will last for years to come. A solid foundation of healthy habit teaching can lead to a decrease in chronic illnesses such as obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and many others.
Teach your student about the T-Zone:
The T-zone consists of your eyes, nose, and mouth.
Teach your student not to touch the T-zone prevent illness.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Fit Tastic:
1. 1 hour or more of physical activity a day
2. 2 hours maximim screen time
3. 3 servings of low fat or nonfat milk or yogurt
4. 4 servings of water, not sugary drinks
5. 5 servings or more of fruits and vegetables
Please visit the CDC website for more great healthy tips to teach your student.