Grapevine High SchoolNational Honor Society
Margaret Telford ChapterFollow us on Twitter - @GvineNHSService Hour Form for current members only. Seniors must turn in their documented 10 volunteer Fall hours by January 11th, 2019, at noon in Mrs. Cleveland's room.Applicants use the application form below to document community service.NHS NewsApplications for juniors are now available. The application is due January 18th, 2019 at noon in room 602, Mrs. Trang's room. Late applications will not be accepted.You will need to print out and complete the following forms:The next NHS meeting is November, 2017 at 8 am in the lecture hall. Please bring a box of cereal or a box of breakfast bars for the GHS food pantry.Newly Elected NHS Officers 2017-2018President - Vivek TannaVice President - Aidan ComiskeySecretary - Katie MathisenTreasurer - Andrew WhitmanHistorian - Amanda BerrySponsors: Dianna Trang and Lori ClevelandVolunteer Opportunities:
- The City of Grapevine Parks & Rec Active Adults Division is looking for volunteers to drive senior adults from their vehicles to the front door of The REC. We provide golf carts and require volunteers to hold a current driver license. Afternoon shifts are 4:30-7:30and can be done Monday – Friday. Volunteers are NOT required to do all five days a week. Please contact Jaycob Kirkpatrick firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
- VAST at First United Methodist Church - Mon-Thurs 3-6PM
- Make a Difference! Earn Volunteer Hours
- Mentoring, tutoring, playing sports, going on fieldtrips and just hanging out with great 1 st - 6 th graders.
- VAST Program (Valuable After-School Time), Grapevine Community Outreach Center next to Mustang Stadium on Mustang Drive.
- Volunteer any day after school from Monday-Friday until 6:00p.m
Email email@example.com or Call 817-421- 2192
- Step right up, the creepiest carnival has come to town and we need YOU. The GrapeYard is coming up and we need 150 volunteers each night to run attractions, greet guests, hand out information, and help us make this the scariest GrapeYard yet. This one-of-a-kind experience will run Friday October 27th and Saturday October 28th from 6pm – 11pm. GrapeYard will take place at Oak Grove Soccer Complex, 1299 Oak Grove Loop North. Join us if you dare for a Halloween scare! http://cityofgrapevineparksrecreation.volunteerlocal.com/volunteer/?id=23190
The City of Grapevine Parks & Rec Department, Athletics Division is looking for volunteers on Nov. 4th and 11th for our toy collection, in conjunction with our Santa Cops baseball and softball tournaments.
LOCATION: Oak Grove Ballfields
DATE: Saturday, November 4
DATE: Saturday, November 11
Please email Andrea Tredaway at: firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up!
HIGH SCHOOL GREETERS FOR HOLIDAY HOME TOUR
Here is an opportunity to receive community service credit by serving as a Greeter for the Colleyville Woman’s Club annual Holiday Home Tour.
WHEN: December 3, 2017 (first Sunday in December)
WHERE: Homes in Colleyville & Surrounding areas (will be assigned a home)
HOURS: Can choose to work: all day 10:45 – 5PM; or 10:45-2PM; or 1:45-5PM.
DUTIES: Greeting the people touring the homes and handing out material. Running booties (what they put on over their shoes) from the back of the home to the front.
DRESS: Male greeters are asked to wear a tuxedo or a suit of their choice. Female greeters are asked to dress formal or semi-formal, check weather to dress appropriately.
All greeters will be provided with a letter certifying that they have completed
their hours of service. There will be refreshments provided for greeters.
Please contact Jillian Casey at
cell 817.823.4889 or email me at email@example.com