Future Explorations is a plan to see the newly formed O.C. Taylor Elementary School vision and mission to fruition. Our vision is to empower our children today to create a better tomorrow. Our children are future leaders; we want them to make this world a better place in their future. Our mission is to create lifelong learners and servant leaders through authentic and real-world experiences. Future Explorations is a dedicated time built into the school day to allow our learners to explore and experience life and possible career paths. We frame careers in a kid-friendly, elementary way. They have opportunities to experience what people do to make a living and how to make this world a better place. Logistically, students choose a topic or path they want to explore. They spend 5-6 weeks on Fridays from 2:00-2:50 p.m. experiencing these.
Future Explorations is also tightly aligned to GCISD's LEAD 2021. Providing student the ability to personalize & choose, explore careers, use resources & technology, develop citizenship and develop ownership are foundational to the work we do. The key components of the LEAD 2021 plan include the following:
- Personalized Learning Plans for students
- The transition from a teaching platform to an instructional learning platform
- Relevant and resourceful technology to expand student resources
- College and career readiness for all students
- Enhanced responsibility of citizenship in our local, state and global societies