2305 Pool Road, Grapevine, TX 76051 (Across from Cross Timbers Middle School)
What makes the GCISD Swim Center one of the fastest and best pools in the State of Texas?
- Completed in 1994
- Pool is 25 yards by 25 meters, eleven lanes in the yards direction and 10 lanes in the meters direction.
- Depth ranges from 13' to 4' at the turn end and 6' to 4' at the starting end. The 10 competitive lanes range in depth from 6' to 5' at the start end and 7' to 13' at the turn end. The 11th lane is 4' deep the entire 25 yards.
- Two 1-meter and one 3-meter diving boards
- Ten-lane fully automatic Colorado timing system with a 10 lane digital scoreboard
- Overflow gutter system
Money from the 1997 bond issue funded the addition of 400 more seats, a quality weight room, a classroom, offices, a concession area, bigger locker rooms, and bigger lobby bathrooms.
A PROVEN RECORD
The district's high school teams have been some of the most successful swimming teams in the state. Since the Swim Center opened, they have won 16 district championships, seven regional championships, and three TISCA state championships. Since 1997 at least one of the teams has finished in the top six at the state meet every year. In addition:
- Team members have achieved 145 All-America performances and 326 All-State performances.
- The combined dual meet records of all of the teams are 207-100-2.
- Have won nine individual UIL State Championships, and set six UIL state records.
- Head swim coach, Daniel Jau, was named 2016 District & Region Coach of the year.
Gwen Blythe, 2008 CHHS graduate, participated in the Olympic Trials for 200 meter breast stroke. Although she was not one of the two final finishers who advance in the Olympic program, she is one of only two GCISD swimmers in history to advance to this level of the Olympic Trials competition. Gwen, who attended the University of Notre Dame on a swim scholarship, won the 2007 UIL championship in the 100 breast stroke while a student at GCISD (shown in photo at left).
Fall 2017 Schedule:
Mon-Fri Adult Lap Swim (Ages 18+) 10:30-1:00pm (No Charge)
Mon-Thurs Evening Lap Swim (Ages 16+) 7:30-8:30pm ($2.00)
Saturday Open Swim (Ages 4+) 1:30-4:00pm
August 19 No Open Swim
August 26 No Open Swim
August 29 Closed To The Public
August 30 Closed To The Public
August 31 No Adult Lap Swim
September 2 Closed To The Public
September 4 Closed To The Public
September 16 No Open Swim
September 23 No Open Swim
September 30 No Open Swim
PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES
- Weight Training and Fitness Center
- High School Swim, Dive and Water Polo Team
- Water Aerobics
- Birthday Party / Private Event Rental
- Adult Lap Swim
- Swim Lessons
Daniel Jau, Facility Manager/Head Swim Coach - 817/251-5662
Stacy McDaniel, Assistant Swim Coach/Assistant Facility Manager - 817/251-5353
Nick Rennhack an incoming freshman at Colleyville Heritage and Samantha Tatum, a junior at Grapevine High School were selected to compete at the State Games of America in Grand Rapids, Michigan on Aug 3-6.
The two swimmers were selected based on being one of the top ranked swimmers representing the Texas Amateur Athletic Federation.
100 Yard Individual Medley - 2nd
50 Yard Free - 4th
50 Yard Fly - 2nd
100 Yard Free - 3rd
200 Yard Individual Medley - 8th
50 Yard Free - 7th
100 Yard Free - 8th
100 Yard Back - 3rd