2305 Pool Road, Grapevine, TX 76051 (Across from Cross Timbers Middle School)POOL FACILITIESWhat makes the GCISD Swim Center one of the fastest and best pools in the State of Texas?
A PROVEN RECORDThe district's high school teams have been some of the most successful swimming teams in the state. Since the Swim Center opened, they have won 16 district championships, seven regional championships, and three TISCA state championships. Since 1997 at least one of the teams has finished in the top six at the state meet every year. In addition:
- Completed in 1994
- Pool is 25 yards by 25 meters, eleven lanes in the yards direction and 10 lanes in the meters direction.
- Depth ranges from 13' to 4' at the turn end and 6' to 4' at the starting end. The 10 competitive lanes range in depth from 6' to 5' at the start end and 7' to 13' at the turn end. The 11th lane is 4' deep the entire 25 yards.
- Two 1-meter and one 3-meter diving boards
- Ten-lane fully automatic Colorado timing system with a 10 lane digital scoreboard
- Overflow gutter system
Money from the 1997 bond issue funded the addition of 400 more seats, a quality weight room, a classroom, offices, a concession area, bigger locker rooms, and bigger lobby bathrooms.
Gwen Blythe, 2008 CHHS graduate, participated in the Olympic Trials for 200 meter breast stroke. Although she was not one of the two final finishers who advance in the Olympic program, she is one of only two GCISD swimmers in history to advance to this level of the Olympic Trials competition. Gwen, who attended the University of Notre Dame on a swim scholarship, won the 2007 UIL championship in the 100 breast stroke while a student at GCISD (shown in photo at left).Fall 2017 Schedule:Mon-Fri Adult Lap Swim (Ages 18+) 10:30-1:00pm (No Charge)Mon-Thurs Evening Lap Swim (Ages 16+) 7:30-8:30pm ($2.00)Saturday Open Swim (Ages 4+) 1:30-4:00pm ($2.00)October DatesOctober 21 No Open SwimOctober 24 No Evening Lap SwimOctober 28 No Open SwimOctober 31 No Evening Lap SwimNovember DatesNovember 2 No Evening Lap SwimNovember 4 No Open SwimNovember 7 No Evening Lap SwimNovember 11 No Open SwimNov 20—25 Closed to the PublicNovember 28 No Evening Lap SwimNovember 30 No Evening Lap SwimPROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES
- Team members have achieved 145 All-America performances and 326 All-State performances.
- The combined dual meet records of all of the teams are 207-100-2.
- Have won nine individual UIL State Championships, and set six UIL state records.
- Head swim coach, Daniel Jau, was named 2016 District & Region Coach of the year.
CONTACTSGeneral Information - 817/251-5350 email@example.comDaniel Jau, Facility Manager/Head Swim Coach - 817/251-5662Stacy McDaniel, Assistant Swim Coach/Assistant Facility Manager - 817/251-5353James Thornberg, Assistant Facility Manager - 817/251-5350
- Weight Training and Fitness Center
- High School Swim, Dive and Water Polo Team
- Water Aerobics
- Birthday Party / Private Event Rental
- Adult Lap Swim
- Swim Lessons