|Courtney Adams - Life Skills||Gina McIntire - P.E/Athletics|
|Jason Williams, Head Band Director|
|Sally Skeldon - Touch Systems|
1st 6 weeks
2nd 6 weeks
3rd 6 weeks
· Aptitudes, abilities, interests, values, personality, and values.
· Work environment and relations, communication skills
· Thinking about work
· Goals Setting and decision making
· Planning your Career and Education
· Options after High School.
· Research Skills
· Occupational Clusters/Career Choices
· Job Shadow experience
· Locating a job
· Applying for a job
· Interview Preparation
· On the Job
· Budgeting/Bank Accounts/Money Management
· Free Enterprise System/Owning your own business
Basic Keyboarding develops a basic skill in typing which may be used for either personal use or as a basis for further study and work in the business world. Included in the course are: developing touch typing technique, business letters, manuscripts, composing at the typewriter, centering materials vertically and horizontally, improving typing speed and accuracy and the ten key number pad on your keyboard. Also included in the course we will work on Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and the internet. We will learn to navigate the toolbars and use in real world applications.
1st six weeks we will use the book and typing program. We will use work for the book part. I will have the students use keyboard covers and turn monitors off while typing and give speed and accuracy test.
2nd six weeks we will continue the keyboarding and learn business letters and the toolbar in Microsoft word.
3rd six weeks we will learn the other Microsoft office programs while continuing to build our accuracy and speed on the keyboard.