Welcome to Heritage Middle School'sAdvanced Academics Homepage!
A program of services for students who excel in ability to think, reason, judge, invent, or create in order that they may have the opportunity to achieve their potential while making increased meaningful contributions to society.MISSION STATEMENT
“It is the mission of the Advanced Academics program to identify high academic potential or gifted students and provide them with opportunities for academic rigor, depth and breadth; college preparation; acceleration and to nurture a healthy social and emotional development.”VISION
Advanced Academic students will demonstrate skills in self-directed learning, thinking, research, and communication as evidenced by the development of innovative products and performances that are advanced in relation to students of similar age, experience, or environment and reflect individuality and creativity.BELIEF STATEMENTS
- We believe that gifted and talented students require a differentiated curriculum and a variety of program options to meet their unique intellectual, social, and emotional needs.
- We believe that gifted and talented students can best reach their full potential when given the opportunity to work with their intellectual peers in situations where they can be appropriately challenged and paced.
- We believe that nontraditional methods must be employed to seek out every qualified student.
- We believe that well trained, qualified educators are essential to the success of an exemplary gifted and talented program.
- We believe that gifted and talented students needs are best met through the collaboration and interaction of students, educators, family, and community.
- We believe that the contributions of gifted and talented students are vital to our future.
- Students are provided with a variety of options in order to meet their needs
- It is the expectation that all classrooms differentiate for diverse learners
- Instruction is interactive, engaging, student centered, challenging, advanced, and presented in a risk-free environment.
Campus Advanced Academics TeachersKay McMaster - HMS Advanced Academics Learning Leader6th GradeKay McMaster -- World Discoveries, HistoryAmy Heilhecker -- World Discoveries, ELAKaren Giesler -- Accelerated ScienceRhonda Alexander -- Accelerated Math7th GradeLeeta Batlle -- Texas Discoveries, HistoryAndy Tucker -- Texas Discoveries, ELACharity Wiemann -- Accelerated ScienceJan Cline --Accelerated Math8th GradeTim Bressler -- American Discoveries, HistoryJodi McCormack-- American Discoveries, EnglishRobyn Johnson -- Accelerated ScienceRachael Creel -- Accelerated Math