School librarians collaborate with others to provide instruction,
teach learning strategies, and foster technology integration for
21st century learners.
Here are some highlights of the Standards for the 21st Century Learner
that we follow in our school library:
The learner will:
* Demonstrate mastery of technology tools for accessing information and pursuing
* Display initiative and engagement by posing questions and investigating the answers
beyond the collection of superficial facts. (1.2.1)
* Use the writing process, media and visual literacy, and technology skills to create products
that express new understandings. (2.1.6)
* Participate and collaborate as members of a social and intellectual network of learners. (3.1.2)
* Read, view, and listen for pleasure and personal growth. (4.1.1)
For more information or the full set of standards please visit here.
Grapevine-Colleyville ISD's Mission is to be THE BEST. We will promote good
citizenship and prepare, motivate and encourage each student to reach his or
her full potential within a safe, caring, cooperative environment by providing
an effective and enduring education.
For information about about GCISD's long range plan, LEAD 2021
(Leading Excellence - Action Driven), please visit:http://www.gcisd-k12.org/Domain/2185