Fourth and fifth graders at GES have the opportunity to participate in KGES, the Grapevine Elementary morning news show. Each morning we broadcast a student-produced show with four on-camera anchors...
- two announcers who share the day's announcements and discuss the month's character quality
- a chef who tell the students what's for lunch as well as important nutritional facts
- a meteorologist who lets GES know what the weather looks like for the upcoming days as well as information about weather related events
Students also do the behind the scenes work. There are eight off camera positions...
- 1 camera person
- a cue card person who runs our computer teleprompter
- a sound manager who sets up the microphones and monitors the audio levels
- a video switcher who changes the video feed with each new shot
- 2 computer people who run the intro movie, moment of silence slide shows, and other special slide shows
In addition to the regular program, we sometimes have other special features that involve all students in the school. These include:
- Commercials for School Events like Destination Imagination, GES Star Bank, the carnival, the talent show, Student Council events, Reflections, and the book fair. These commercials are usually written and preformed by the students of the various groups that are being advertised
- Interviews with Boy/Girl Scouts, visiting authors, Student winners (Reflections, Hoop Shoot, Spelling Bee, Geography Bee, etc.), community members with special talents, and even teachers!
- Lessons about character qualitites, exercise, nutrition, and safety by staff members such as the counselor and the nurse.
- Highlight segments of special school events such as Field Day, the carnival, choir performances, and the Special Olympics
- Classes from all grades sharing what they are doing in their classrooms.