Welcome to Technology Education
Click the links below to learn more about Tech Ed:
In Concepts of Engineering & Technology students will explore multiple engineering disciplines and will learn the basics of design, modeling and problem solving. The highlight of the program will be building the Curiosity robot and, if time permits, entering a robotics competition.
· Students will build a functioning robot from a kit which contains the equipment and parts required.
· The robot will be constructed, programmed and tested over a six - eight week period.
· The robot is expected to function as specified by the rules of the competition.
What does this mean for the student?
Building a robot for competition is will require the student to dedicate full attention and time during school and sometimes after school. The project is also a unique learning opportunity to participate in a real world design engineering project.
In Careers Using Technology Education students explore careers of personal interest and learn how technology is used in a variety of professional and vocational jobs. During the course of the year, students learn:
· The skills and abilities required in different professions.
· How technology is used to assist professionals in their jobs.
· The extended learning experiences that supplement technology and professional education.
· The leadership and skills required to build strong project teams.
· How to research career opportunities in the marketplace.
· How to build a strong resume for future job searches.
· The basics of personal finance and consumer credit.
How will we learn all of this?:
Students will explore career interests individually using online tools and resources.
For the hands-on component, students work in teams to build and test working models of technological devices used in the assigned area of study.