Sandy Hamilton, Counselor
BS from Abilene Christian University in Physical Education and Health/all levels
BS in Elementary Education/certification in 1st-8th grade
MA from Amberton University in School Counseling
I have 25 years classroom teaching experience. I have taught in private school as well as public school. I have taught third through sixth grade. I have taught physical education and health to KDG through sixth graders and have written physical education and health curriculum.
* Provide guidance lessons in the classroom on a monthly basis
* Provide individual and group counseling as needed
* Provide community resources for families/parents
*Coordinate Red Ribbon Week
*Coordinate Play It Safe school wide program
*Coordinate 5th grade transition to middle school and make recommendations for
* Member of the Academic Support Committee (ASC)
* Member of the Crisis Intervention team
* Member of the Team Leader Committee
* Member of the Campus Excellence Committee (CEC)
* PTA Liason between teachers and parents
* Run Groups such as Welcome Wagon, Social Skills, Friendship, Children in Change, Children of Divorce, Salvaging Sisterhood
* Coordinate Rachel's Challenge, a Kindness & Compassion Program, and run the KC Club which is for 3rd, 4th & 5th graders
after school once a month.
* Coordinate the Kind Campaign.