Action Team 3 - Strategy III
Curriculum Strategy: We will transform from a teaching platform to a learning platform by designing engaging, differentiated, work for students toward the accomplishment of the GCISD mission and strategic objectives.
- The roles of specific stakeholders (i.e., students, parents, teachers, staff, administrators and community members) are redefined to function as members of a learning organization.
- Engaging and differentiated instruction and work will reflect the new paradigm of a learning platform. Cross-reference 7.8
- Professional development opportunities for administrators, teachers, and staff will be systemic and systematic.Cross-reference 1.6, 1.7
- All instructional leaders will be involved in a PLC group that meets regularly to planfor student engagement/differentiation and be accountable for the PLC’s learning and planning.Cross-reference 1.5
- Teachers and students will be provided the tools necessary as identified by best practices to achieve the strategy.
- Structures for teachers and students will be aligned with the principles of a learning organization and focused on the design of engaging, differentiated work for students toward the accomplishment of the GCISD mission and objectives.Cross-reference 7.3, 1.1
- In maintaining high expectations for all students, GCISD will create structures at ALL levels that maximize the potential of all students through rigorous curriculum and instruction.
- Appropriate assessments will drive instruction.
- Curriculum, instruction, and student performance will reflect college and career readiness standards.