GCISD Swim Center
2305 Pool Road
Grapevine, TX 76051
Front Office: (817) 251-5350
What makes the GCISD Swim Center one of the fastest and best pools in the State of Texas?
- Completed in 1994
- Pool is 25 yards by 25 meters, eleven lanes in the yards direction and 10 lanes in the meters direction.
- Depth ranges from 13' to 4' at the turn end and 6' to 4' at the starting end. The 10 competitive lanes range in depth from 6' to 5' at the start end and 7' to 13' at the turn end. The 11th lane is 4' deep the entire 25 yards.
- Two 1-meter and one 3-meter diving boards
- Ten-lane fully automatic Colorado timing system with a 10 lane digital scoreboard
- Overflow gutter system
Money from the 1997 bond issue funded the addition of 400 more seats, a quality weight room, a classroom, offices, a concession area, bigger locker rooms, and bigger lobby bathrooms.
A PROVEN RECORD
The district"s high school teams have been some of the most successful swimming teams in the state. Since the Swim Center opened, they have won 14 district championships, seven regional championships, and three state championships. Since 1997 at least one of the teams has finished in the top six at the state meet every year. In addition:
- Team members have achieved 57 All-America performances and 326 All-State performances.
- The combined dual meet records of all of the teams are 207-100-2.
- Grapevine Boys" team was selected in 1998 by Swimming World Magazine as the second best public school boy’s team in the country.
- Have won nine individual UIL State Championships, and set six UIL state records.
- GCISD swimmers and divers have had two selections of the Outstanding Female Swimmer of the State, and a member of the coaching staff has been selected “Coach of the Year” for the state twice.
Gwen Blythe, 2008 CHHS graduate, participated in the Olympic Trials for 200 meter breast stroke. Although she was not one of the two final finishers who advance in the Olympic program, she is one of only two GCISD swimmers in history to advance to this level of the Olympic Trials competition. Gwen, who attended the University of Notre Dame on a swim scholarship, won the 2007 UIL championship in the 100 breast stroke while a student at GCISD (shown in photo at left).
2 Closed - Swim Meet
9 Closed - Swim Meet
12 No evening adult lap swim - Swim Meet
23-30 Closed - Thanksgiving Break
14 Closed - Swim Meet
21-Jan. 4 Closed - Christmas Break
11 Closed - Dive Meet
16 No evening adult lap swim - Swim Meet
23 Closed all day - Swim Meet
17 Closed - President's Day
10-14 Closed - Spring Break
M-F Adult Lap Swim 10:30AM-12:45PM Cost: Free
M-Th Adult Lap Swim (18yr & up) 7:30PM-8:30PM Cost: $2.00/swimmer
Sat Open Swim 1:00PM-4:00PM Cost: $2.00/swimmer
Front Office: 817-251-5350
Protected Registration (families currently enrolled in swim lessons) *
Session 1: Jan 8-Feb 3 Protected Registration*: Dec 2-Dec 6
Open Registration: Dec 9-Dec 13
Session 2: Feb 5-Mar 5 Protected Registration*: Jan 20-Jan 24
Open Registration: Jan 27-Jan 31
Protected Registration (families currently enrolled in dive lessons) *
*Youth Lessons Session 1 & 2 registration dates: Protected Registration*: Dec 2-6
*High School Lessons Session 1 registration dates: Open Registration: Dec 9-13
*Youth Lessons Session 3 & 4: Protected Registration*: Jan 20-Jan 24
*High School Lessons Session 2: Open Registration: Jan 27-Jan 31
*High School Lessons Session 3: Protected Registration*: Feb 24-Feb 28
Open Registration: Mar 3-Mar 7
*Youth Lessons Session 5 & 6: Protected Registration*: Mar 17-Mar 21
*High School Lessons Session 4: Open Registration: Mar 24-Mar 28
*Please refer to Fall Dive Lesson Registration Form for specific class dates.
Swim & Dive Lesson Policy
Minimum age requirement:
Participants in swim lessons must be at least 4 years old. Swimmer must be fully potty trained (No pull-ups or swim diapers allowed)
Minimum age for dive lessons is 6 years old.
Make up policy:
In the rare instances where GCISD Swim Center must cancel a scheduled class (due to pool issues, etc) the make up class will be posted on this website as well as posted at the pool. Only those swimmers who were registered for the class that was cancelled can attend the make-up class. No refunds are given if a swimmer cannot attend the re-scheduled class.
Personal absences will not be made up nor refunded.
Current swim registrants will have a protected registration time frame Monday-Friday during the third week of lessons.
Open registration begins Monday of the fourth week. Swim/Dive lesson registration is accepted on a first come, first served basis only.
Payment is required at registration.
GCISD accepts cash or check payment only.
Lessons are not prorated.
Parents/Guardians are not allowed on deck during lessons.*
*Exception: Parents/Guardians are only allowed on deck under special circumstances with prior consent given by the Manager on duty
PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES
- Weight Training and Fitness Center
- High School Swim, Dive and Water Polo Team 2013-2014 Swim/Dive Meet Schedule
- Water Aerobics
- Birthday Party Rental
- Adult Lap Swim
- Swim & Dive Lessons
Map to Swim Center - view
, Athletic Coordinator/Facility Manager - 817/251-5351
, Assistant Swim Manager/Swim Lessons/Football Tickets - 817/251-5353
, Assistant Swim Manager/Football Tickets - 817-251-5350