GCISD Swim CenterAddress: 2305 Pool Road, Grapevine, TX 76051 (Across from Cross Timbers Middle School)POOL FACILITIESWhat makes the GCISD Swim Center the best pool in the DFW area?
A PROVEN RECORDThe district's high school teams have been some of the most successful swimming teams in the state. Since the Swim Center opened, they have won 26 district championships, seven regional championships, and two runner up State finishes. In addition:
- The pool is 25 yards by 25 meters
- 10 lanes with starting blocks and an eleventh 4' cool down lane
- The depth ranges from 6' to 4' at the starting blocks
- For Diving we have two 1-meter and one 3-meter diving boards with a 13' Diving well
- A fully automatic Colorado timing system with the latest LED video scoreboard.
- Our key feature is an overflow gutter system that lowers pool wake and creates the fastest times
Gwen Blythe, 2008 CHHS graduate, participated in the Olympic Trials for 200 meter breast stroke. Although she was not one of the two final finishers who advance in the Olympic program, she is one of only two GCISD swimmers in history to advance to this level of the Olympic Trials competition. Gwen, who attended the University of Notre Dame on a swim scholarship, won the 2007 UIL championship in the 100 breast stroke while a student at GCISD (shown in photo at left).PROGRAMS AND ACTIVITIES
- Team members have achieved over 145 All-America performances and 326 All-State performances.
- Have won ten individual UIL State Championships, and set six UIL state records.
- Head swim coach, Daniel Jau, was named 2017 NFHS State Coach of the Year and NFHS Southwest Sectional Coach of the Year, District Coach of the year 16 times and Region Coach of the Year 2 times.
- Weight Training and Fitness Center
- High School Swim, Dive and Water Polo Team
- Water Aerobics
- Birthday Party / Private Event Rental
- Adult Lap Swim
- Swim Lessons
SWIM CENTER PUBLIC HOURS
- Water Aerobics 9:30-10:30am (M & W)
- Adult Lap Swim 10:30-1:00pm (M-F)
- Open Swim 7:30-8:30pm (M-Thur)
- Open Swim 1:30-4:00pm (Sat)
- Swim Lessons 5:30-7:30pm (M & W)
SWIM CENTER CLOSURES
CONTACTSGeneral Information - 817/251-5350 firstname.lastname@example.orgDaniel Jau, Facility Manager/Head Swim Coach - 817/251-5662Stacy McDaniel, Assistant Swim Coach/Assistant Facility Manager - 817/251-5353Andrew Jarrett, Evening Supervisor - 817/251-5350
- Feb 10 (no open swim)
- Feb 15 (no adult lap swim)
- Feb 16 (no adult lap swim)
- Feb 17 (no open swim)
- Feb 19 (pool closed holiday)
- Feb 24 (no open swim)