Artistic works from 17 Grapevine-Colleyville ISD students will represent the school district at the Texas PTA Reflections contest in January. The advancing entries were selected from 60 entries that advanced from a dozen GCISD campuses to the council level. Council judging took place on Wednesday, December 2nd.
Our GCISD Reflections participants did a wonderful job creating art works interpreting this year's theme, Let Your Imagination Fly! The entries advancing to state are listed below.
- Literature: What if???, Anya Ali, Glenhope Elementary
- Photography: If Horses Could Fly!, Insha Lakhani, Grapevine Elementary
- Visual Arts: Wind in My Hair, Riya Sajan, Glenhope Elementary
- Dance Choreography: Rather Be, Ana Schroeder, OC Taylor Elementary
- Film Production: Dream Big, Haley Munoz, Glenhope Elementary
- Literature: Set Your Brain Free, Patrick Shukis, Glenhope Elementary
- Musical Composition: Hollow Tree, Jeffrey Sheffield, O.C. Taylor Elementary
- Photography: World Through A Bubble, Grayson Lobaugh, Cannon Elementary
- Visual Arts: The Delicious World, Janice Lee Heritage Elementary
MIDDLE SCHOOL DIVISION
- Film Production: Let Your Imagination Fly, Ella Hollan, Cross Timbers Middle
- Literature: The Date in Venice, Madeline Husby, Heritage Middle
- Musical Composition: The Fly that Flies and Dies, Grant Ghormley, Colleyville Middle
- Photography: Soaring Above From Below, Ryann Lilley, Colleyville Middle
- Visual Arts: A Balloon of Ideas, Alina Khan, Heritage Middle
HIGH SCHOOL DIVISION
- Literature: Daydream, Raena Shah, Colleyville Heritage Musical
- Composition: Here, Karyssa Nelson, Colleyville Heritage
- Visual Arts: It’s Okay to Fall, Morgan Phelps, Grapevine
The National PTA Reflections program was developed in 1969 as a way to explore student talents and expressions. The contest is open to students in grades PreK through 12 with entries submitted in in the following categories: film production, dance choreography, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts.