Elementary, middle and high school students are invited to submit original artwork for the cover of GCISD’s official holiday greeting card. Three student designs --- one from the elementary, middle and high school levels --- will be selected and sent out on behalf of Superintendent Dr. Robin Ryan and the GCISD Board of Trustees. Cards are sent to community leaders, area businesses, organizations and other school districts.
The three final designs for the cover will be selected by a group of District employees and the Superintendent on the basis of originality, theme, use of color and overall design.
The three students whose works are selected for the GCISD Holiday Greeting Card each will receive a $25 gift card to Target and recognition at the December 17 meeting of the Board of Trustees. The selected artwork will be featured on the district’s website and in other publicity about the contest.
· Submit only one entry per student.
· Artwork should be appropriate for and reflect our diverse community that celebrates a variety of holidays, while following the theme of “Holiday Storytime” as closely as possible.
· Artwork size should be 5 ½ x 8 ½ or 8 ½ x 11.
· Submitted art should be easy to scan and reproduce.
· Entries may be submitted to your school office or the reception desk at the GCISD Administration building, 3051 Ira E. Woods, Grapevine. Please label the envelope or folder: Holiday Card Entry, Attention Communication Services Department.
· ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE COMMUNICATION SERVICES DEPT. by Monday, Nov. 12, 4 p.m.
· Submit art with the entry/parental permission form fastened securely to the back. After winners are selected, artwork will be returned to campuses for distribution to the artist.