Enrollment packets for students who will be entering prekindergarten or kindergarten for the 2012-2013 school year will be available for pickup at each elementary campus, during April 30-May 4, 7:30-3:30 p.m. Completed packets may be returned anytime during the week of April 30-May 4 during regular school hours. Packets may also be pick up and/or returned during evening registration/orientation at each campus, listed below. During this time, parents and students also may visit the school and meet some of the administrative staff and teachers.
This year’s enrollment process for prekindergarten and kindergarten is different from that of previous years, allowing parents more flexibility to pick up the registration packet, complete the enrollment information and return the packet to the campus.
Prekindergarten Registration – Prekindergarten students must be four years of age on or before September 1, 2012 and meet one of the following requirements:
- is unable to speak and comprehend the English language; or
- is economically disadvantaged; or
- is homeless, as defined by 42 U.S.C. Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child’s guardian or other person having lawful control of the child; or
- is the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority; or
- is the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty; or
- is or has been in the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code.
Four schools have prekindergarten programs - Cannon Elementary, Glenhope Elementary, Silver Lake Elementary and Timberline Elementary. Packet pickup and enrollment for Cannon, Glenhope, Silver Lake, Timberline will be held during campus scheduled evening hours on May 1, listed below.
Kindergarten Registration and Orientation - Kindergarten students must be five years of age on or before September 1, 2012. Registration packets may be picked up from and returned to the home campus during the week of April 30 – May 4 from 7:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Once the completed packet is received by campus staff, students will be temporarily enrolled until parents complete the online enrollment process in August. Parents enrolling Kindergarteners will receive instructions and a Skyward Family Access code from the home campus.
Packets also may be picked up during the campus evening hours on Tuesday, May 1, as indicated below. Please check the campus website for specific evening hours and Kindergarten Orientation activities.Evening hours for May 1:
Bear Creek Elementary - 3:30-6 p.m.
Bransford Elementary - 3-6 p.m.
Colleyville Elementary - 3:30-7:30 p.m., with Kindergarten Orientation 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Dove Elementary -5-6:30 p.m.
Glenhope Elementary - 6-7 p.m.
Grapevine Elementary - 5-6:30 pm.
Heritage Elementary - 3-6 p.m.
O.C. Taylor Elementary - 4-6 p.m., with parent orientation at 6 p.m.
Silver Lake Elementary - 4-7 p.m.
Timberline Elementary - 4-6:30 p.m.
Evening hours for May 3:
Cannon Elementary - 5-7 p.m.
Please check your school's website for any specifics about the evening activities(drop down menu in the top left corner of this page).