Board of Trustees Beliefs, Vision, Mission and Goals
The Board of Trustees holds high expectations for the students of the Grapevine-Colleyville Independent School District. We believe that providing top-quality education is the first priority of the school system. Toward that purpose, we believe that:
- Fundamental academic skills are essential for student success and high standards should be held for academic achievement in all subject areas. GCISD must challenge and motivate each student to achieve at the highest level possible.
- A comprehensive improvement plan is essential in determining direction and providing a common framework for decision making. GCISD will continuously improve educational programs, methods, services and communication through comprehensive planning.
All children are capable of learning. GCISD must employ various teaching methods and materials to match the learning abilities of all students.
People are the key to educational excellence. GCISD will hire and develop the very best faculty members.
All people make contributions to our world. GCISD expects all members of our education community to demonstrate respect, understanding and sensitivity toward the feelings and beliefs of others.
The family is the primary influence on the development of its members and society. GCISD encourages full participation of parents and care givers in their students’ education.
All members of the community are necessary in the development of a child. GCISD must involve the total community in efforts to provide a top quality education for all students.
Finally, the Board of Trustees believes that the Grapevine-Colleyville Independent School District can and will become a premier school system in the country.
The Grapevine-Colleyville Independent School District inspires, encourages and empowers students to achieve their full potential in a global society.
The mission of the Grapevine-Colleyville Independent School District is to be THE BEST. We will promote good citizenship and prepare, motivate and encourage each student to reach his or her full potential within a safe, caring, cooperative environment by providing an effective and enduring education.
LEAD 2021 (Leading Excellence – Action Driven) is a strategic planning process that will provide the structure to plan the future of our school district for the next 10 years. This process involves targeted strategies and action steps designed to meet specified objectives. Involving hundreds of internal and external stakeholders, LEAD 2021 is building and expanding upon our district’s legacy of success with new objectives designed to meet students’ educational needs of today and for the next decade. LEAD 2021 website
GCISD BOARD OF TRUSTEES GOALS FOR 2017
- Evaluate and approve a budget that targets academic and student activities reflective of the community’s focus on results, excellence and strong fiscal responsibility.
- Oversee LEAD 2021 strategies and their successful implementation.
- Continue to develop a community of inclusion by seeking staff, parents, community members and business leaders reflective of our community’s values and changing demographics.
- Promote and foster an educational system where all students and district employees are safe, secure, drug free and environmentally responsible.
- Approve and actively support the Superintendent’s goals in facilitating the District’s quest for increased academic excellence.